About the Graduate Studies Support Fund (GSSF)
The GSSF is an organization established to assist academically exceptional Nigerian students seeking Graduate/Postgraduate admissions in the best universities around the world but lack the funds to pursue this desire.
Too many times, competent applicants are unable to complete competitive applications for graduate/postgraduate studies, because they are limited by the financial or technical capacity to do so. Our vision is to alleviate these financial and technical constraints, by providing the funds needed to prepare and submit an application, mentorship to the beneficiaries of the Fund throughout the application process, and guidance for them to find institutions and platforms with the most likely opportunities for scholarships.
We intend to build a community of scholars who are passionate about the country and are committed to providing solutions to some of her most knotty problems. Our expectation is that these scholars would improve the country with their research outputs. This is the commencement of a long-term plan to build a critical mass of Nigerian professionals who have undertaken the rigor of thinking through the country’s greatest challenges.
Scope of the Fund
The GSSF will provide the following benefits to successful candidates:
- Financial support of up to $1,000 to cover the following expenses:
- Cost of application fees for admission to a maximum of three universities.
- Cost of obtaining and transmitting academic records to chosen academic institutions.
- Cost of undertaking language and qualifying tests required by chosen academic institutions.
- Cost of study permit/visa application.
- Research proposal and personal statement review.
2. Free Iveriqué Consultancy
Iveriqué is an African one-stop-shop EduTravel agency, with a network of leading scholars and researchers, in diverse disciplines across several prestigious institutions around the world. The Iveriqué team will guide beneficiaries in the development of their research ideas and use its knowledge and contacts to prepare, mentor, guide and support them throughout the graduate program, as well as induct them into her African Scholars’ Chatroom.
3. The Home Coming
The Home Coming is the giveback component of this initiative. Beneficiaries would commit to disseminating their research and/or assist in building capacity in their fields of expertise in Nigeria.
Interested candidates must:
- Have a research idea of global importance but with prospect to advance Nigeria scientifically, socially, and/or economically.
- Have great academic and research potential. Such academic potential should be seen in prior academic records and accomplishments. Candidates with a Second Class (Upper Division) grade or more will have an advantage.
- Intend to apply to a research-oriented graduate program (master’s or doctorate) which will culminate in writing a thesis/dissertation in any given field.
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
Application Procedure and Entry Requirements:
- Academic transcript/degree certificate.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Letter of motivation, explaining financial need and reason for the chosen research area (must not exceed 300 words).
- Summary of research (must not exceed 300 words).
Beneficiaries will be drawn from multiple disciplines and would be selected on a competitive basis. Priority will be given to candidates who can demonstrate that they are truly in need of support.
Deadline for Submission
3rd May 2019
For enquiries, kindly contact:
+234 811 105 1288